What a gorgeous man!

What a gorgeous man!

Thursday, July 15, 2010

It would be just so nice to say hi ...

It would be just so nice to be able to say hello and have you answer. It is a tough few days at the moment. I thought getting a new job was going to be easier than this. I remember how proud you were of me that I managed to get my degree all these years after dropping so spectacularly of high school. I even knew what career to go for - teaching. I cried the day I finished my teacher training with such sadness that you weren't around to say well done.

But now I would love to have a drop of the encouragement and wisdom you gave so easily. I am tired of feeling a complete loser - no one likes rejection and I am particularly lousy at taking it. I take it so personally with every 'no thanks' letter. We had such a rocky few years Dad but I had come to rely on you for making me feel that little bit better when things didn't go so well. It was so important to me that I make you feel proud ... perhaps after all the years where I made you feel so rotton ... it was time for payback!

Nothing in the world prepared me for walking without you. I wasn't ready for you to not be there. I dont think you were either. I know you weren't. Death is such a bummer. We both lost control of what should have happened .. not good for control freaks! I am so sorry you are gone.

I miss you to the moon ... and back, my lovely Dad
x

1 comment:

  1. Hi Becky:

    As you may know from visiting my blog, my mom died in November 2008. Her death wasn't sudden. She lived almost a year after she was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. But it was a very painful death for her, and it was painful for me to watch. I haven't gotten over losing my mom.

    The title of your post caught my eye. I talk to my mom all the time and it would be nice to hear her voice again, to have her respond to what I am saying. Almost a year ago, I wrote my mom a letter about having just 5 minutes with her to make things "right" (http://peace4me521.wordpress.com/2009/09/15/5minutes). I wish I could talk to her again. There's so much I need to tell her. I miss my mom deeply.

    Take care,

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete